Nimalan Amirthalingam is a Partner in the Firm’s Washington, D.C. office, focusing his practice in civil litigation. He has represented a wide range of clients such as real estate developers, international hotel and resort companies, regional and national transit agencies, international airline carriers and health care providers.
Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Amirthalingam entered private practice in Washington, D.C., where he represented clients in securities litigation. Thereafter, Mr. Amirthalingam has litigated matters involving contract claims, construction defect, wrongful death, mass tort claims, and employment matters.
- Representation of international real estate developer and his development firm in construction litigation.
- Representation of sports team and league involving claims relating to sports related concussion.
- Representation of regional sports authority regarding litigation matters arising out of its management and ownership of a convention center, stadiums and ballparks.
- Representation of international hotel and resort company over contract and tort claims brought in Spain and Dubai, UAE.
- Representation of regional transit service agency in wrongful death lawsuits.
- Representation of national transit agency in employment matters, including whistleblower matters.
- Representation of international airline carrier in federal court matters.
- Representation of global manufacturer of plumbing fixtures in products liability lawsuit.
- Representation of multi-use water front development entity in contract and tort matters.
- Representation of civil engineering firm against multinational retail corporation in breach of contract matter.
- Representation of regional health care contractor in 42 U.S.C. § 1983 lawsuits.
- Representation of regional health care facility in executive compensation matters.
- Representation of regional energy company in contract and tort matters.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- D.C. Superior Court Probate Panel, 2005 and 2006
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2000 to Present
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 2002
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1999
Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland